Sunday, November 11, 2012

"Feeling" this Spicy Bold Lemon Chicken Linquini

It seems I am always hunting for something to cook each day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I have tried the whole "Dinner plan", creating a schedule for each day two weeks in advance. I make a large grocery bill to feed our family, only to change the menu each day because the family doesn't "feel" like what I have on the menu. I don't blame them. I, too, have certain cravings. So, instead of planning, we are always coming together to offer ideas and what we "feel" like eating each day.

This particular day was no different. While us parents had no clue as to what we wanted for supper, the children all agreed on spaghetti. Unfortunately, the husband and I weren't "feeling" it. So, I took to the internet for pasta dishes, something different that could satisfy the whole family. And then I found the blog of Isabelle at Home. When I began browsing her wonderful array of recipes, I came across one that just peaked my curiosity. "Pasta... with lemon. Hummm. Wonder what that flavor combination tastes like." I began to "feel" it!


I had majority of the ingredients already on hand. Instead of heading to the local grocery mart, I decided to create this dish with the ingredients I had on hand. I am so glad we did. The bold lemon flavor certainly brought out the best in this dish. And the best part is, the whole family "felt" that way!

Ingredients:

1 lb. Linquini
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tspn. olive oil
2 tblspn. Mr. Pete's Cajun Seasoning
2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup shredded mozarella cheese

Directions:

In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions.  Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta and set aside. 


Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat one teaspoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Mr. Pete's Cajun Seasoning on both sides of your chicken breasts. Add your chicken breasts to your pan and cook on medium fire covered for about 30 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. I like to add a little water (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan) once or twice during the cooking stage to keep the chicken moist.

While the chicken is simmering, in a small pot (I used the same pot I cooked the pasta in), heat the final tspn. of oil over medium heat.  Add garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook stirring, until tender, about 4 minutes.  Add cream and lemon zest.  Bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes.  Add lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. 


While lemon cream sauce is cooking, cut your cooked chicken breasts in small cubes. Add chicken to sauce pot and mix. Pour chicken and cream sauce over pasta and toss. Using the saved pasta water, add a small amount at a time to thin out the sauce to coat the pasta. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of Mr. Pete's Cajun Seasoning and toss pasta once more. Top with shredded cheese for a beautiful finish. 


Finally, serve your Spicy Cajun Chicken Linquini with Lemon Cream Sauce with your favorite bread and "feel" it. We sure did!


Make sure to visit Isabelle at Home for the original recipe as well. Let her know that you "feel" it!

No comments:

Post a Comment