Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mr. Pete's Spiced Muffins

I am not one to create my own recipes from scratch. In fact, I do not even consider myself creative. I tend to follow the traditional recipes veering only as necessary, which normally consists of adding Mr. Pete's spices for good flavors. However, I have been inspired by my fellow bloggers to do just that.

My day is always very hectic, so I normally visit the grocery store on a daily basis for dinner. Never sure of what will be served that night, I peruse the meat department always looking for something different. One day last week, I just couldn't find anything appetizing. Knowing that I had a beef chuck roast from the previous night in the refrigerator, I contemplated serving leftovers even though I know that Mr. Pete is not so keen on this idea. So I started thinking, what can I do with the roast besides roast beef. I just knew there had to be an answer. I continued searching the internet finding so many different recipes for muffins. Then it hit me!

Ingredients:
1 lb. Precooked Beef Chuck Roast
1 8 oz. can of dough (You can make your own, or use the Pillsbury cresent rolls for easy preparation!)
2 tspns. Mr. Pete's Cajun Seasoning

Directions:

 
Begin by folding your dough several times and roll a square shape. Make sure to generously use some all-purpose flour to keep the dough from sticking to your hands and kitchen utensils. Continue folding and rolling it out as often as needed until the dough is smooth. One can yields 6 muffins.


Place the rolled out dough into a non-stick muffin pan, and spoon your roast in the dough cups.

  
Fold the dough over the meat and vegetables pinching together the ends to secure your filling inside of the muffins. Sprinkle Mr. Pete's Cajun Seasoning over the muffins.

I placed the muffins in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes on the center rack, since the roast was already cooked; but the dough needed additional cooking. So for the last 15 minutes, I increased the temperature to 375 degrees. Here were the results! A wonderful, freshly baked Spiced Muffin!


This was so easy, and I love E-A-S-Y! I defrosted some white beans we had previously cooked and froze for a wonderful side dish, which was also very easy! It's also a plus that my family loved them! We hope yours will too! Enjoy!

~Mrs. Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment